Top 5 Tips for Happiness by Yvette McIntire
Born on a sunny day? Not me. I’m more “partly cloudy, with a chance of showers.” But what I lack in innate jollity, I make up for with deliberate joy generation. Try it!
- Stop looking in the rearview mirror. Unless, of course you’re backing up. But who wants to do that?
- Move forward like a moth to flame. Unhappiness usually equals stuckness. Solution? Recognize your next step by moving toward what’s calling you.
- Drive your own wagon. Distracting yourself through involvement in other’s dramas is like abandoning your stagecoach to steer your friend’s. Meanwhile your wagon is careening toward the cliff.
- Use the good china. Don’t hold off being happy until some future event. Besides the more delight you allow now, the better prepared you’ll be for the deluge you’re expecting from say, retirement. So why wait?
- Laugh, Play, Rest, Repeat as if your life depends on it, because the quality of your life surely does.