The Transitional Wardrobe
Figuring out what to wear during the shoulder season can be perplexing. I’ve been sporting some version of the pieces pictured for as long as I can remember: jeans, a white shirt, a blazer or trench to dress it up a bit, and a scarf in a trending color to pull the whole thing together. And then I wear this outfit TO DEATH during March and April until it’s time to drag out the summer wardrobe (where the jeans turn white and the shirt is swapped out for a tee or tunic). Here are my picks for this year.
1. Floral prints are having a moment and we love this one: Club Monaco Aldabella $149.50
2. This is my favorite scarf in the world: seasonless lightweight cashmere in this Spring’s color: palest pink by Chan Luu $188 at Dina Varano.
4. The classic St. James French Sailor crew in a new oversized fit: Saint James For J.CREW Slouchy T-Shirt $90.
5. Leave it to French fashion designer, Ines de la Fressange, to perfect the navy trench: Uniglo IDLF Trench Coat $99.90
6. The update to the basic white shirt (also available in palest pink!) Velvet Rosie Half-Placket Challis Blouse $99.
7. When I went to France last year, EVERYONE was wearing these basic black Nikes with everything from skinny jeans to midi skirts. Those French girls are always a year ahead, so you’ll be seeing them stateside this Spring: Nike Air Max Thea Premium Sneaker $115.
8. A long cardigan replaces the basic blazer: Riller + Fount Extra Long Cardigan $187.
(This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase from one of the links, I’ll receive a very small amount of money. That said, all opinions are my own.)