Blueberry Lemon Corn Muffins
White Gate Farm’s Blueberry Lemon Corn Muffins
We asked the chef at White Gate for a summer favorite and he shared these scrumptious muffins using seasonal ingredients.
Adapted from Gourmet Magazine August 1998
Makes 12 muffins
- paper muffin cup liners
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal, medium grind
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups with paper liners.
- Melt butter and cool. Into a large bowl sift together flour and baking powder and whisk in cornmeal, 1 cup sugar, lemon zest, and a generous pinch salt. In a bowl whisk together milk and eggs, then whisk in butter in a steady stream. Add egg mixture to flour mixture with half of blueberries, gently stirring until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among cups (batter will fill cups) and press remaining blueberries into tops of muffins. Sprinkle tops of muffins evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake muffins in middle of oven about 15 minutes, or until tops are golden and a tester comes out clean. Remove muffins from cups and cool on a rack.
- Muffins keep in an airtight container at room temperature 2 days.