I’d Rather Not Live Without…
1. Shinola Journal: I go nowhere without a notebook and a good journal is hard to find. My daughter bought me this Shinola one for my birthday and I’m obsessed. The pages are thicker than Moleskine (better for my fountain pen), it’s hard bound in chic black linen, made in America, and IT’S GOT MY NAME ON IT! Find it here.
2. Athleta’s High Waisted Chaturanga Capris: I finally found a yoga pant that stays up and over my belly and doesn’t slip down under it. Big problem solved. Buy here.
3. Nourish Organic Replenishing Argan Oil Balm: I slather this on all summer long for sun-blasted skin, and all winter long for reptilian limbs. And I’m not sure it’s meant for this, but it’s my go-to lip balm, too. Smells like citrus heaven. Buy some and see for yourself! Our friends at Nourish have given e-list readers 50% off until 9/30/16 with code: ELIST50. Find it here.
4. Wary Meyer Soaps: These handmade glycerine soaps from Maine have delightful scents, yes, but what I really love about them is their fiercely modern stripes in a bunch of color combinations. My friends will all be getting these for Christmas. Here you go.
5. If you’re the sort that likes to plow through an entire pint of ice cream, you won’t kill your diet with this new brand. Most light ice creams make up the lack of fat with sugar, resulting in a cloying treat. Not so Halo Top. With more protein and less fat, sugar, and carbs than traditional ice cream, an entire pint of chocolate packs only 240 calories. And a generous half pint serving is a wee 120! So far my fave is chocolate but can’t wait to get my hands on chocolate mocha chip. Find it at Foodworks. More info about Halo Top.
6. Chia Pudding: Wait, pudding for breakfast?? Yes, when it’s whipped up with Chia seeds. You probably already know about this superfood but if you don’t the little seed is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, antioxidants and calcium. Kara, a nutritionist at Pop Weight Loss, shared this super-healthy/super-easy recipe with me and I make it all the time:
Recipe: 3 – 4 tablespoons of Chia Seeds, plus 3/4 of a cup of almond milk and a teaspoon or two of maple syrup. Shake it up in a jar and refrigerate overnight (maybe give it another good shake at some point; it settles). Add a teaspoon of cacao (my favorite) for a chocolatey breakfast, or top with blueberries and coconut. The options are endless. Low calorie, low (ish) carb, and a huge nutritional boost.
7. Teux Deux App: There are a million to-do apps out there, but I keep coming back to this one. It’s so easy. Anything you didn’t do gets automatically pushed to the next day, it has a lovely cross off feature to make you feel oh-so-productive and the Someday List is for all those things that you’ll probably never get to but it’s nice to have them written down somewhere. That’s it. Simple. Get your own Teux Deux here.