Fall Fashion Finds
What’s in store for Fall 2017? We turned to a few of our favorite boutiques for their must-have pieces and here’s what they had to say:
1. Everyone needs at least one perfect pant in their closet and here’s ours. This bulletproof number from Lissette has a wide tummy panel for a bit of hold, won’t wrinkle, and always feels polished. The slightly cropped length is current and the answer for all your ankle booties. Lissette Ankle Pant $127. Say you saw it on the-e-list and take 20% off Lisette pants through 10/1/17 at Ella Where She Shops, Guilford. www.ellawheresheshops.com
2. If you’re on the hunt for new jeans, head to Grace for their stellar selection. We’re loving this ripped and shredded version from By Together ($75), but you’ll find plenty of pairs sans holes, too. Say you saw it on the-e-list and take 20% off By Together jeans through 10/1/17.
By Together Distressed Jeans $75 & BB Dakota Cream Sweater $90 at Grace, Niantic — www.shopatgrace.com
3. BIG NEWS! Patagonia just opened a shop in New Haven! And while everyone has a fleece or two in their closet, this hooded version is a standout. For one thing, it’s crafted from environmentally friendly, low-impact fibers and constructed with Fair Trade Certified Sewing. So not only will it feel great on, you’ll feel good about wearing it. Princess seams flatter, thumbholes keep your hands toasty, and there’s even a spot for your earphones. Talk about technical…. Patagonia – Performance Fleece Better Sweater Hoody, $159 patagonianewhaven.com (Sorry, Patagonia doesn’t discount).
4. Looking to update your wrap bracelets? Head here for these lovely ebony and bone numbers studded with semi-precious stones and Buddha charms. You can wrap the elastics around arm or neck, or stack them up. (Perfect one size gift, too) $125 to $145. At Curated, Mystic – Positano Gems Wrap Bracelet $125 to $145. Say you saw it on the-e-list and take 20% off Positano Gems through 10/1/17. curated.world/
5. The fashion mags have gone mad for thigh high boots and we’re fans of the look, too, especially if it’s done right by Aquatalia, these stretch suede babies are weatherproof and rubber-soled for comfort every single day. Love the low covered heel, too. Roberston Madison Aquatalia Lisandra Black Thigh High Dress Suede Boots — $595. Say you saw it on the-e-list and take 20% off in stock Aquatalia thigh high boot through 10/1/17.
6. A girl can never have enough cashmere sweaters, and One North Main is famous for their vast selection. We’re big fans of Kinross for their high-quality long-length fibers (prevents pilling) and classic styling with a fashion twist. This ribbed turtleneck checks all the boxes for fall -$345. Say you saw it on the-e-list and take 20% off Kinross through 10/1/17. Kinross Cashmere Sweater. 1 North Main, Essex. www.facebook.com/1NMainEssex
7. Velvet is everywhere this season and it looks great to us on this grey crushed velvet wedge, also at Robertson Madison. $225. Take 20% off in stock Cordani Rayner Peep Toe Wedge Grey Crushed Velvet – through 10/1/17.
8. Most of us tend to buy the same pieces year after year, but if you’re looking for something that you don’t already own, go for this kimono. It hits plenty of fall trends (velvet AND floral!) and works over jeans and a turtleneck for day, or switch it up to black pants and a sexy tank for a night out. One Size Burn Out Velvet Kimono $68 at Ciao Bella, Madison. Say you saw it on the-e-list and take 20% off the kimono until 10/1/17. www.facebook.com/ciaobella.madison