What’s the best way to cook in the hot summer months? As little as possible! We all want to eat light and healthy during the season of farmers’ markets and hot weather. Weekend Kitchen has 2 wonderful summery classes to round out July!
Hooray- Emily Florentino is back to teach more amazing plant-based classes! These will be under the tent on Sunday afternoons to take advantage of nice summer days. This class was designed to give you some easy-peasy plant-based ideas for a quick meal, a stress-free gathering, or just some darn tasty vegan food that is easy to put together. Not vegan- no problem… with these recipes you can easily add your favorite meat!
– Ripe stone fruit and heirloom tomato panzanella with basil, pistachio, and avocado pesto crostini
– Grilled fairy tale eggplant with garlic and mint + my favorite muhammara to drizzle or dip
– Chickpea pasta with pattypan squashes and creamy, herby, lemony tahini cashew yogurt sauce
– Olive Oil Lemon Upside Down Cake
– Refreshing hibiscus lemonade
Sign up here!
What is better on a hot summer day than some flavorful amazing Asian food that you don’t have to be in a hot kitchen to cook. This menu takes advantage of all the summer’s bounty from fish to seasonal veggies. It can satisfy both the omnivore and vegan amongst us. Tina is a wonderful instructor and her daughter Monique is a food photographer. They made this menu and photographed it too! Looks amazing, doesn’t it!?!?
– Tuna Laap wrap (Lao tuna salad)
lettuce cups to wrap tuna laap. Fresh tuna is seasoned with lime juice and fresh herbs. Top off with additional heat of jalapeños if desired
– Asian Noodle Bowl with grilled hoisin-marinated chicken or Tofu
grilled chicken or tofu to top noodle bowls of our own choices that include noodles, shredded carrots, cucumbers, bean sprouts, cilantro, scallions and sweet tangy sauce.
– Coconut & Tapioca Pearl Dessert
sweet and creamy coconut tapioca pearls and add fresh melons and longan for a little exotic flavor.