Copal Clean Beauty: A Rebranding for Jennie Fresa, Madison
Copal is a fitting name for local brow queen, Jennie Fresa’s, rebranding. It’s a tree resin that, when used as incense, clears negative energy and introduces positive change. Which is pretty much what I feel every time I stroll into Jennie’s airy space. With a fresh new look and a curated collection of the best green beauty brands, Jennie aims to change the way we think about what we slather on our skin. Many of us have had her or an expert member of her team tend to our unruly brows, and are familiar with her ethos of using only natural products. Now, she’s aiming for the national market with the launch of her online beauty site and the expansion of product lines in the shop.
Copal offers a full menu of treatments, too, ranging from brow design to body sugaring (a water-soluble organic product that gently removes hair from, well, wherever, to a menu of rejuvenating facials tailored specifically to your skin proclivities. LED light therapy will help you limp through the oncoming winter, as will dry-brush organic tanning.
After I had a perfect wax and brow tint (so long eyebrow pencil!), Jennie gave me a rundown of a few of her favorite products.
1. If you have seriously sensitive skin (or issues like eczema), this antioxidant oil protects against environmental stressors and visible damage. (I grabbed this one, too!) Find it here.
2. I love a cream foundation for moisture in winter, and this oat milk-based tube’s ingredients include vitamin E. It’s got a silky smooth finish and can be layered for the coverage you like. Find it here.
3. A natural mascara that encourages growth without irritating eyes? Yup, it’s possible with this wand imbued with plant proteins and botanical extracts that promote lash health and growth. Find here.
4. Hyaluronic acid is all the buzz, but I didn’t know you could eat it for the same anti-aging effects! Here it is in gummy form, with a boost of vitamin C and E. Find it here.
5. What exactly is the deal with these facial rollers? Here you go: increases elasticity of the skin, reduces the appearance of pores, boosts overall collagen levels, promotes lymphatic drainage, eliminates toxins, and reduces puffiness & wrinkles. There you have it. Find it here.
6. I use RMS Un-Coverup for under-eyes and errant splotches, but it’s great to brighten up eyelids, too. Find it here.
7. This serum feels absolutely delicious on the lips (yup, I bought it!), while it hydrates and gently plumps with the addition of vegan collagen. Find it here.
Jennie is passionate about spreading the word about switching up to clean, non-toxic products, and she shared why you should switch to safer cosmetics with me:
Jennie Fresa is a certified Holistic Health Coach, Esthetician, Makeup Artist and Member of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics. She founded Copal (the online store) in 2016 after working in the beauty industry for 20+ years and seeing a need for safer cosmetic regulations- she wanted to create positive change by providing healthy beauty products to everyone she was serving. Copal, the brick + mortar, is NOW open in Madison, CT. Learn more on copalcleanbeauty.com
Copal X Infinite Strength on October 23, from 6 – 8pm: Copal teams up with Infinite Strength, a non-profit that makes medical treatments accessible for underserved breast cancer patients and offsets comfort care costs. Meet the founder, Roberta Lombardi, learn more about Infinite Strength and get your your brows groomed by Jennie and her fantastic team at their Bold Brow Bar. 100% of proceeds from our Bold Brow Bar on October 23 will be donated to Infinite Strength. https://www.infinitestrength.org