I’m so ready to ditch my sweats and don some fresh denim. If you’re my age, this is the season you can revisit every decade of your jeans, from 70’s high waist wide-legs to 80’s loose-fit and 90’s low-rise. Here’s what looks good to me this year:
Good to know when buying jeans online: Always check fabric details and fit. As rigid 100% cotton denim (no stretch) has made a comeback and you’d like to be able to sit down in your high-waisted jeans, make sure there’s some stretch. Button-flies, too, are more prevalent, so make sure you’re getting a zip if that’s what you’re after. I always check the rise (anything over 11” is too high on my medium build), and if I want them cropped, I go for a 26” length (I’m 5’ 6”). Finally, buy two sizes. If you buy one size, you’ll probably have to return it anyway!
1. Madewell’s Balloon jean: this year’s wide leg and easier to wear: $128
2. Classic everyday jeans, mid-rise, a bit of stretch, slim straight leg raw hem: $69.95 SALE $43
3. If losing your skinny jeans entirely is too traumatic, here’s a new way to wear fitted denim: $248
4. Straightforward and straight with stretch: $98.50
5. My new spring jeans: not too high, not too heavy with lots of stretch and they come in inseam sizes so pick your perfect length! $225
6. Classic and clean vintage dark straight Jean: $128
7. The Mom Jean: $128
8. A dressed-up pair for date night: $225
9. Love these cropped jeans with a slight flare and very stretchy: $99.99
And here’s a few more:
New classics: button front, straight leg, distressed hem, no stretch: $220
As classic as it gets; Levi’s wedgie straight jeans, button fly, in a slew of washes: $90
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means The E List gets paid a very small amount if you happen to purchase something from the link. HOWEVER, all opinions and content are our own.